Estate & Lordship of the 15th
The Domaine de Banizette has kept all its exceptional architectural heritage and its authentic character from its origin.
All of the buildings have been included in the additional inventory of historic monuments since 1992.
To the north of the courtyard stands the Manor and its old Saint-Joseph chapel , the construction of which started in the 15th century was completed in 1686 . The interior of this 18th century refurbished house is still inhabited and cannot be visited.
The big farm
At the end of the courtyard, the large 16th and 17th century storey farmhouse with sitting dogs shows by its imposing stature the importance of the agricultural activity which animated the domain.
Under an old framework, the immense grain attic served by a rare spiral staircase , with wooden steps bearing a nucleus, collected the fees of the fief of which Banizette was the seat.
- South of the courtyard, the long outbuilding is the loft with its central porch surmounted by a square tower.
- The double bread oven , surmounted by a roof where the bundles and chestnuts dried.
- The stable with four boxes for saddle horses.
- The pyre for sawing and storing firewood.
- Two pigsties and a chicken coop .
The small farm
The farm or "Small Métairie" served as a home for a sharecropper with an attached cellar and a pigsty was raised at the end of the 19th century.
The Auvergnate Barn-Barn is approximately 30 meters long. Its construction is traditional: on the lower level is the stable and on the upper level the barn .
A reach created by human hand over a distance of more than a thousand meters on the hillside opens into a lock, a reservoir of water intended to regulate the flow of the fall during the working hours of the mill. The Banizette mill was brought to the Napoleonic cadastre in 1830, along with another hemp mill. But it is certain that the flour mill already existed in the 15th century.